One of the things I find frustrating with these sorts of spaces is that although they're supposedly are a record, of sorts, of your life, they tend to relate conversely. Case in point: you'd think the lack of posts
this last month would mean that absolutely nothing is going on, that life is just so boring and dull I've got nothing to share, but really, I find that when life gets nuts, the ole blog is one item that quickly gets cut from the priorities list. (Apparently, I have no time for punctuation either.)
What have I been up to?
- Oscar Cookies! Get yours here.
- Updating my portfolio, ie creating new work. (e.g., see above. Cute, right?)
- More Portraits! So much fun! I'm working on sprucing up their online space...
- The New York SCBWI Conference. (That's "Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators," for those of you who don't know. Yeah, it's a mouthful.) I got back on Sunday night and I'm still exhausted from digesting alll the information gathered there. I'm definitely looking forward to putting all I learned to good use.
- And last, but certainly not least: Wedding planning. Yep, that's right! We're gettin' married. This June. Apparently, when two former art school students get hitched, they go insane with the grandiose DIY decorations. Suddenly June seems not so far away. Yikes. More on that later, I'm sure.
Anyways, I just wanted to check in and prove that I'm alive and kicking. If you haven't already, come say hello on Twitter.