Hello from Snowy Vermont! I'm spending the last few days of the year here, cozying up with my family and a few friends. I just found this quote from EB White (or perhaps Robert Frost?) that describes our time nicely:
- To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.
- To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.
- To Northerners, a Yankee is an Easterner.
- To Easterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.
- To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
- And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.
Which we do indeed do. In fact, that sounds like a great way to start the day tomorrow.
See you in the new year! It's going to be a wonderful one-- I can just feel it!
You can buy the above lovely print from Lucille's Kitchen right here.