Bryony gave me the idea of doing a year-in-review post, looking back over everything that happened in 2011.
Ready? Ok, here are some of my highlights!
- My website got a bit of brushing up.
- I went to the winter New York SCBWI Conference.
- I can't deal with the word "fiance."
- G's last surgery on his ear!
- I participated in the Work/Life 2 Illustration Directory. (I got super lucky and am sandwiched between two of my favorite illustrators ever: Lisa Congdon and Gemma Correll. Good job, last name.)
- Suicidal books.
- I got diagnosed with Crohn's.
- I started the Video Mondays and Working Wednesdays series on this ol' blog here
- Co-Birthday/Bachelorette Weekend in NYC
- G and I got married! (Thanks to our wonderful friends and family who helped us pull it off!)
- Honeymoon in Joshua Tree where our dear friends got married!
- Our wedding, with photos by Li from Fat Orange Cat Studios, was featured on Ruffled.
- Clamming on Martha's Vineyard with G's family!
- I contributed a post to Oh My! Handmade Goodness! about our kid-friendly wedding.
- Our dog bit another dog another dog. ( Ok, not a highlight, but...a learning experience for sure.)
- One last We Are Wizards screening at the Nevada City Film Festival in a whirlwind trip to CA, NY, and CT!
- I got personal about Health Insurance.
- New Winter promo postcard.
- Falling Leaves conference was amazing.
- Cake-In-A-Mug recipe perfected.
- G, our dog, and I completed our 6 months of (self imposed) one-on-one doggy training with Christina. --Who is amazing, btw.
- I started a line of t-shirts, called Nerdbaby! (More on that in 2012.)
- My prints are for sale online through Society6.
Phew! I know I'm missing some, but that's a pretty good list.
Tonight we begin another round of road trips--CT, VT, NJ, and NY. Looking forward to spending Christmas time with family and friends. It will be a little quiet around here until next year(!) but I'll be chattering away on twitter. Come say hello!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!