Here's how I did on my October Goals:
1. Fall mailer. ERgh. I worked on one for weeks, before deciding it just wasn't right. So I've decided to just make a holiday/winter one and send it out late November.
2. Make list of items to bring to the book workshop.
3. Three new kid illustrations for site.
4. Update site– add in new work, do new homepage. Adding in the new work today!
5. Make list of children’s publishers to contact.
6. Get a wholesale account for Magnetic Kids. Still working on it.
7. Work on organizing my office/studio.
And now for November!
1. Finish and mail out holiday mailer.
2. Get everything ready for the workshop. This is a big one, and it all has to happen this week. Yikes.
3. Set up a time to organize and clean up my studio every day. I think if I do this on a daily basis the clutter will be more manageable. Seems like a good habit to get into.
4. Continue looking for a wholesale account for Magnetic Kids.
5. Contact publishers with new work.
6. After the workshop, make a plan of action based on what I learned there. Hopefully I'll make some good connections!
7. Sign up for the Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators Conference in New York.
8. Participate in illustration online communities more. I realized the other day that the great majority of the blogs I read have to do with cooking, fashion, or crafting. They are super pretty and fun to look at, but I'm not taking advantage of the whole illustration community out there.
9. Organize and make special holiday gifts for clients.
10. Make a list of things to do during our week in Vermont!