Here's how I did on my April Goals for Modish Biz Tips: 1. Contact 3 illustration agents in regards to repping me.
2. Go over and update contact list.
3. Finish designing postcard mailer, get it printed and mailed.
4. Email contact list announcing new site and new work, asking if they’d like to be on my mailing list.
5. Get “Hello” postcard printed.
6. List two new items on Etsy.
7. Outline a 6 month marketing plan for myself.
ehh 6 out of 8 isn't so bad. Right?
I did start on an email newsletter, #4, and went back and forth for a while on whether or not to use an "email marketing service." Pro being that this way I could have pretty html formatted emails that would actually show up in people's inboxes. Con being that my email list seemed kind of small to actually pay for this sort of thing. Then the other day I found Mail Chimp! It has a bunch of different price options, and it seems like I can use the free version until I grow into one of their other plans. So I'm working on setting up a newsletter with them.
I guess I'll have to add those two to my new list: May Goals:
1. Add images of what I have in my etsy shop to my Goodies page on my site. The images will link to Etsy. Some day I'd love to Other Such Things to be its own entity, separate from my illustration work really. But for now I think that will serve as a nice enough "home page" for my etsy shop. I'm just not up for building a whole new site for it, until its really going.
2. Research specifics for new kid product. Every winter when all the magazines roll out their gift guides, I'm torn between oohing and ahhing, and screaming because I didn't get it together to have something of my own in there. SO. This year I've come up with a cute gift idea that I should get done by the summer so I can send it out to magazines. No more screaming in the snow. That's the goal.
3. Contact Thumbtack Press and possibly others to see if they're interested in carrying any of my work as prints.
4. Make bear drawing into a poster.
5. Get Garden promo postcard printed.
6. List Hello postcard in the shop.